A DevOps Engineer for our client is responsible for facilitating the creation, adoption, and use of tools and processes that enable our development teams to realize their full potential. Ideal candidates will be able to work independently, but will also love pair work and being part of a team. They will find fulfillment in making life easier for those around them, have an appreciation for simplicity, and hold dear the values of scalability, reliability, and resiliency. DevOps Engineers will work directly with independent development teams to speed feature delivery and improve quality by applying operational expertise and implementing organization-wide standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the Agile process with cross-functional development teams
- Contribute operational and systems expertise to the software development lifecycle
- Contribute to organization-wide processes and standards
- Automate! Infrastructure, software builds, testing, deployments, etc.
- Share knowledge with other DevOps Engineers, Software Engineers, etc.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support the products and tools you build
- Configure monitoring, reporting, and shrewd alerting for client products
- 2-5 years experience with systems administration and/or development
- 1-3 years development operations experience
- Experience in the following tools/areas:
- Continuous integration (e.g. CircleCI, Jenkins, GitLabCI, TravisCI, etc)
- Scripting (Bash, perl, Python, etc.) hopefully against REST API’s
- Public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, or OpenStack)
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation, Heat)
- Autoscaling and/or self-healing systems
- Configuration management tooling (Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, Ansible)
- Monitoring tools (NewRelic, AppDynamics, DataDog, Sensu, Prometheus, Nagios, etc.)
- Version control (Git)
- Docker (and maybe Mesos, Kubernetes, or ECS)
- College degree
- Good references that will confirm you have a solid history of getting stuff done