A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You-ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our System Architecture team helps build customisable specific system solutions that enhance PwC-s system capabilities to appropriately serve all client needs. As part of the team, you-ll use enterprise architecture across application areas to build delivery models that map PwC capabilities to business needs outlined by clients.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you-ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm-s/client-s expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm-s code of ethics and business conduct.
The Full Stack Engineer (Manager) is responsible for operations of multiple complex stage and production data lake environments. While they do not do development work on the platforms, they perform code release deployments and technology upgrades to these environments and will be required to troubleshoot and monitor issues that require knowledge of development languages, COTS applications, and infrastructure (cloud and on prem). Job Requirements and Preferences : Basic Qualifications : Minimum Degree Required : Bachelor Degree Minimum Years of Experience : 5 year(s) Preferred Qualifications : Certification(s) Preferred :
ISC2 CCSP Certified Cloud Security Professional, ITIL Certification(s), or CCNA/P Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader by:
- Using tools like Azure DevOps/VSTS, validate requirements, deploy, and troubleshoot deployments of code and technologies in stage and production environments;
- Demonstrating communication skills and the ability to drive continuous performance improvements with the stakeholders, vendors and technology subject matter specialists;
- Establishing a stable, reliable secure and high performing data platform;
- Building, maintaining and controlling stage and production environments;
- Troubleshooting incidents in stage and production environments;
- Being proactive in monitoring and alerting capabilities exist for all components of the platform;
- Establishing system health and capacity is reviewed and enhanced as needed;
- Documenting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and performing knowledge transfer to others;
- Possessing basic Hadoop administration;
- Demonstrating fluency in at least one development language such as Java, Perl, PHP or Python);
- Managing Azure / AWS / GCP or distributed VMware environments;
- Demonstrating knowledge of at least one container technology such as Docker and one database technology such as. MySQL, MS-SQL, or Postgresql;
- Working with code management tooling such as Github or Gitlab;
- Possessing knowledge of CI/CD pipeline tooling and deployments;
- Demonstrating Linux and Windows administration experience; and,
- Possessing experience in configuration management across a multi-platform estate such as Ansible, Puppet or Salt.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.