A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our System Architecture team helps build customisable specific system solutions that enhance PwC's system capabilities to appropriately serve all client needs. As part of the team, you'll use enterprise architecture across application areas to build delivery models that map PwC capabilities to business needs outlined by clients.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to: - Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all. - Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms. - Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels. - Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail. - Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required. - Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas. - Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area. - Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements. - Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation. - Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
This role will be responsible for operations of multiple complex stage and production data lake environments. While they do not do development work on the platforms, they perform code release deployments and technology upgrades to these environments and will be required to troubleshoot and monitor issues that require knowledge of development languages, COTS applications, and infrastructure (cloud and on prem). Job Requirements and Preferences
: Basic Qualifications
: Minimum Degree Required
High School Diploma Minimum Years of Experience
6 year(s) of progressive roles managing IT architecture and engineering designs and domains. Preferred Qualifications
: Degree Preferred
Bachelor Degree Preferred Fields of Study
Information Technology, Computer Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Programming, Engineering Certification(s) Preferred
ISC2 CCSP Certified Cloud Security Professional, ITIL Certification(s), or CCNA/PPreferred Knowledge/Skills
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in:
- Using tools like Azure DevOps/VSTS, validate requirements, deploy, and troubleshoot deployments of code and technologies in stage and production environments;
- Demonstrating leadership, influencing and communication skills, as well as the ability to drive continuous performance improvements with the stakeholders, vendors and technology subject matter specialists;
- Establishing a stable, reliable secure and high performing data platform;
- Building, maintaining and controlling stage and production environments;
- Troubleshooting complex incidents in stage and production environments;
- Establishing proactive monitoring and alerting capabilities exist for all components of the platform;
- Establishing system health and capacity is reviewed and enhanced as needed;
- Documenting SOPs, and perform knowledge transfer to others;
- Leading knowledge management initiatives across a global DevOps team;
- Possessing experience with Hadoop administration;
- Demonstrating fluency in at least two development languages such as Java, Perl, PHP or Python;
- Managing Azure, AWS, GCP or distributed VMware environments;
- Demonstrating knowledge of one container technology such as Docker, and at least two database technologies such as. MySQL, MS-SQL, or Postgresql;
- Working with code management tooling such as Github / Gitlab;
- Working with CI/CD pipeline tooling and deployments;
- Possessing experience with Linux and Windows administration; and,
- Demonstrating experience in configuration management across a multi-platform estate such as Ansible, Puppet or Salt.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.