Our client, is looking to bring on a Lead DevOps Engineer to join their corporate headquarters IT Team. This Lead DevOps Engineer will need to have extensive experience with Powershell scripting, automating and deploying custom software solutions, Windows Server engineering and administration, and IIS and SQL monitoring.
* Apply the latest industry advancements to improve infrastructure reliability, scalability, performance, and repeatability of setup and deployment.
* Responsible for infrastructure setup, configuration, deployment, and maintenance.
* Create and maintain automated systems for continuous integration and continuous deployment.
* Work on multiple tasks in support of one or more projects that require a singular area of expertise.
* Work as a project team member or independently on projects.
* Create and maintain monitoring and alerting solutions to ensure that any unexpected issues are promptly identified and escalated.
* Work collaboratively as a team player to develop mutually acceptable solutions among Development, Information Technology and Product Teams.
* Solve problems and provide support, taking responsibility to make decisions when appropriate.
* Understand applications from a technical architecture and business goals perspective to apply DevOps best practices.
* Excellent communications skills with the ability to share insights and expectations with clients, stakeholders and colleagues, both locally and remote.Qualifications Skills
* Experience with Microsoft Infrastructure: setup, configuration and monitoring:
* Windows Servers 2012+ (including administration of Internet Information Services - IIS)
* SQL Server 2008+ - Database Installation, Configuration, Administration
* Experience with Visual Studio Team Services: create, maintain and monitor continuous delivery and deployments.
* Experience in Powershell scripting.
* Experience with Git-based source control
* Bachelor's degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
* Experience working in applications, systems or IT operations.
* Knowledge of an agile team environment and process.
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* Requires working knowledge of two or more programming languages.
* Comfort with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment.
* Ability to adapt to a changing and rapidly growing environment.
* Experience with Public Cloud Infrastructure (Azure or AWS)
* Experience working in the Shipping or Distribution industry
** FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SEND YOUR MOST UPDATED RESUME TO WESTON.WALKER@RHT.COM **