Our client needs a DevOps Engineer to work with a team that is responsible for maintaining and improving the code release pipeline and automated processes. The build team manages Continuous Integration (CI), merging/branching, deployment, and other various automated processes to improve the workflow for development and SQA.
Responsibilities include the following:
* Design and implement process improvements.
* Identify new and emerging technologies and solutions.
* Define compliance with various audit requirements such as HIPAA.
* Continuous integration and deployment of internal tools to multiple environments.
* Management and documentation of deployment processes and automation.
* Environment management to ensure all needs are covered for testing and development.
* Communicating issues to the development team.
* Working with developers and QA to ensure builds are stable upon release.
* Diagnosing and troubleshoot build problems, and advertising these to the team.
* Assist and support developers.Education / Technical Experience Required:
* Preferred Bachelor-s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent combination or experience and education required
* 3+ years of configuration management and engineering
* Programming experience in C#
* Scripting experience with MSBuild
* Scripting and automation skills in one or more of PowerShell, Python, bash, or similar
* Solid understanding of continuous integration best practices
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
* Working knowledge of CI / ALM toolsets such as VSTS, GitHub, TeamCity, Chef, Puppet, JIRA
* Experience with automated build systems such as TeamCity, Octopus, or equivalent
* Experience with Perforce, or equivalent
* Experience with bug-tracking software
* Experience with deploying SQL changes.
* Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git)
* Experience performing builds management in both Linux and Windows environments
* Experience with deploying releases to lower and production environments