SAIC is looking for a DevOps Engineer to work collaboratively with software developers to deploy and operate our systems; help automate and streamline operations and processes; build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations; troubleshoot and resolve issues in dev, test and production environments. Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration, experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Ansible or an equivalent. Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services such as Azure. A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl, and/or Ruby, JAVA, C++). Knowledge and understanding of best practices and IT operations. The ideal candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary team on a large software development effort utilizing agile at scale and should be well-rounded with software development and automation experience. Primary duties will include automating the testing and deployment of software systems and troubleshooting issues that arise in the process. Qualifications
BS/BA in CS or related field and/or Six (6) yrs. related experience, or Master's + three (3) yrs. related experience
- At least 3 years of DevOps experience
- At least 3 years of development experience with Python
- Strong collaboration and teaming skills
- Interest in working on an Agile team
- Familiar with version control tools such as Git and Subversion
- Experience troubleshooting C++, Python, Java Applications
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with Red Hat and Ubuntu Linux Knowledge
- Must have active DOE Q or DoD TS Clearance
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Jenkins and Ansible
- Experience with CI/CD via Gitlab CI
Target salary range: $95,001 - $105,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
My SAIC Benefits.