Sevatec, Inc. is seeking a dynamic and hands-on DevOps/CI/CD Engineer, SME to push the boundaries of what is possible for the Federal Government on mission critical projects that enhance national security for all Americans. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing all phase of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). The ideal candidate has built pipelines supporting Java applications using build tools like Maven and Gradle and also knows how to support Docker deployments.
- Create, manage and update continuous integration (CI) / continuous delivery (CD) pipelines using tools such as Gradle, Docker, GitHub, Chef, Nexus, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat, SonarQube, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Design, develop and operationalize new processes such as on demand environment provisioning
- Mentoring the team on standard best practices around CI/CD function
- Working with various cross -functional teams to deliver a robust CI/CD solution
- Identify opportunities for refinement, tools consolidation, and continuous improvement
- Stay abreast of new capabilities offered by open source tools and cloud services in order to proactively and regularly provide recommendations to incorporate them
- Adhere to security regulations per NIST 800.53 rev 4 by delivering security architecture, artifacts, and reviewing scan results as needed
- Work as communicator, and collaborator in a multi project, multi contractor environment.
- IT Professional with a MS degree and/or 15 years of experience.
- Experience using CI/CD tools like Gradle, Docker, GitHub, Chef, Nexus, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat, SonarQube, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Some knowledge of Amazon Web Services.
- Exceptional engineer who loves to learn and work with the cutting-edge technologies and tools
- Linux experience including experience with shell scripting, networking, storage and release management
- Familiarity with Serverless Framework
- Experience with at least one development language such as Java, Python, Ruby, Java Script, etc.
- Agile practitioner with 2 + years of experience working with Agile teams
Desired Skills and Experience
- AWS certification preferred
Security Clearance: US Citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain an Agency Suitability Clearance.
EEO Statement: Sevatec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."