Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is seeking a DevOps Engineer for a long term consulting engagement with an Investment Management firm located in NYC.
- Rewrite pre-existing Jenkins jobs to a new set of standards.
- Design, implement and maintain a continuous integration environment
- Help to architect and implement an application monitoring infrastructure geared towards automation and orchestration
- Assist in providing technical direction to shape the future of our cloud automation architecture when the firm gets to that point
- Work as an active participant in an Agile development environment; attend daily standups, sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Collaborate with the application developers to create optimal solutions that are cost effective to operate.
- 1-4 years of DevOps experience.
- Strong background in continuous integration, including significant experience in using Jenkins. This is a an absolute must-have skillset
- Experience with Docker (creating Docker images) is a big plus
- Experience with any of the following is also a plus
- BASH scripting Intermediate
- Ansible Intermediate
- Kubernetes exposure
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members
- Source control, as well as change and release management using sophisticated monitoring tools in an n-tier, distributed architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply automated provision automation tools such as Chef / Puppet
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or another legally protected status. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com