This is 100% remote, and will continue that way post COVID. They are not renewing their office leases. However candidates must reside in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Massachusetts, North Dakota, Nebraska, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Iowa, Arkansas, Missouri, and Michigan
Salary up to 120K plus 10% bonus.
Members of our client's Application Services Team, Senior DevOps Engineers work as part of development squads and focus on the operational readiness, automation, instrumentation, security, scalability, and stability of their platforms on very complex projects. They design and implement improvements in their build pipeline and are responsible for working with feature teams to ensure that out platforms are production ready. This includes: Correct size and design of infrastructure, monitoring SLIs, negotiating SLOs with Technical Product Owners, and managing alerting.
Senior DevOps Engineers participate in on-call rotation, troubleshoot production issues, and respond to incidents. Senior DevOps Engineers collaborate with Cloud SysOps Administrators on IT operations projects to improve system resiliency and reliability.
Developed applications are containerized. They are primarily deployed in a .NET core, Kubernetes environment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work closely with the software engineering, product management and customer support teams to design, deliver, and manage our services with high resiliency, availability, and performance.
• Partner with network and security teams to implement structure, connectivity, and security of our cloud environments.
• Assist architects and designers in standardizing and automating system implementation and configuration.
• Implement monitoring, develop automated provisioning, and develop self-healing automation.
• Troubleshoot operations and database issues for internal and external customers. Deploy application updates and manage infrastructure.
• Perform incident resolution and root cause analysis of critical outages. Implement solutions to systematic failures. Provide on-call support, including after hours.
• Assist with documentation of the environments that support our products.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience required; Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
• 5+ years of IT operations or software engineering experience
• 5+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services. AWS Associate or higher-level certification preferred.
• 5+ years building operational systems for custom software applications.
• Experience with continuous integration and delivery services including experience with any of the following or similar: Gitlab, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Github, AWS CodeBuild, etc.
• Experience developing AWS CloudFormation templates or other infrastructure-as-code tools
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Packer, Puppet, etc.
• Experience with monitoring tools such as Zabbix, ELK, AWS CloudWatch, etc.
• Strong scripting skills with any of the following: PowerShell, Python, Perl, YAML, etc.
• Experience managing Kubernetes and Docker.