NO THIRD PARTY VENDORS
CLOUD SUPPORT DEVOPS ENGINEER
Taos is immediately hiring a Cloud Support DevOps Engineer to join our Managed Services team, based out of Boise, ID.
Who is Taos?
Since 1989, Taos helps today's enterprises and rapidly growing businesses harness the power of the cloud and DevOps with digital transformation and optimization solutions. From Executive Leadership to our delivery teams, Taos listens, understands, and delivers best-in-class work. Our deep technical expertise and solutions-driven approach help address our client's biggest business challenges and opportunities. As a Global Leader of Cloud and DevOps, Taos continues to solve What's Next.
Who you are:
You are a driven technologist with a passion for cloud, DevOps and customer support. You possess both exceptional customer service skills and excellent technical skills. You are excited to learn new technologies and help customers succeed. The opportunity to work on a team with exceptionally driven, customer-obsessed associates and leadership is ideal for you. You have a DevOps mindset, and can act as a Cloud Computing evangelist in the leading edge of this growing industry.
What you'll be doing:
• Actively engaging with customers and other Taos support teams as a DevOps/Cloud subject matter expert and escalation point.
• Assisting in the transformation of architecture and technologies, driving adoption of leading edge cloud services.
• Leading modernization and optimization efforts to improve reliability and scalability of systems and platforms.
• Assisting the customer with management and improvement with CI/CD pipeline and configuration management tooling and approaches.
• Driving efficiency and reducing error rates with scripting and automation.
• Providing prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to Taos customers
• Working with other customer support teams to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support
• Being a voice and advocate for our customers when something does not feel right
• Acting as an advocate for our customer, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement
• Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience
• Assisting with customer communication during critical launches and support events
• Assuming responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about specific product lines and features
• Ensuring internal knowledge reference pages are updated
What you'll bring with you:
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years working directly with, or in support of Cloud technologies (Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS)
• Demonstrated knowledge of DevOps principles. Hands-on experience required.
• Experience with containerization and/or microservices architecture (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• Practical experience migrating applications, services and/or servers from on-premises/data centers to the cloud.
• Experience with configuration management and automation (Terraform, DSC, Ansible, etc.)
• Multiple platform certifications, or equivalent experience (Windows, Linux, etc).
• Senior-level Linux administration.
• One or more Architect level cloud certifications (Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS).
• Demonstrated analytical/troubleshooting skills and drive to solve problems
• Demonstrated ability in at least one scripting language (Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
• Ability to work weekends and/or evenings
• Demonstrated ability to lead customer discussions and articulate the alignment of technology and business objectives
• Proven success in a fast-paced support environment
Who is Taos?
Taos helps today's enterprises and rapidly growing businesses harness the power of the cloud and DevOps with digital transformation and optimization solutions. From Executive Leadership to our delivery teams, Taos listens, understands, and delivers best-in-class work. Our deep technical expertise and solutions-driven approach help address our client's biggest business challenges and opportunities. As a Global Leader of Cloud and DevOps, Taos continues to solve What's Next.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to or Contact Us and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/ and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.