Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Long Term
Contact Info: Ella Blank - email@example.com - 201-786-2414
- As a DevOps Engineer, you would partner with Software Engineers (SWE) and Software Quality Engineers (SQE) to create pipelines ranging from single pipelines to multiple pipelines. You define the build orchestration that help SWEs and SQEs be more productive, write better code and provide immediate feedback for build statuses.
- As a member of multiple project teams, troubleshooting is an understatement; it's more like trouble forecasting.
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing & enhancing build pipelines for Continuous Integration.
- Conduct training sessions on Build Orchestration, Build Tool synergies to various engineering stakeholders.
- Ability to reverse-engineer existing pipelines and build orchestration processes to develop a more robust build workflow.
- Ability to provide Pipeline instrumentation using a standardized process for various languages and technologies.
- Significant understanding on coding frameworks and applications such as J2EE, LAMP, Messaging Queues (MQ), and Search technologies
- Support, uphold and maintain standard CI process across multiple projects by providing knowledge sharing, such as: host meetings within our department and various teams, documentation (wiki).
- Continuous Improvements with the use of 1) Defining and Researching the Problem, 2) Proof of Concepts (POCs) to proof multiple solutions, 3) Pilots, and graduating workflow processes to be 3) Production-Level.
- Partake in application/configuration troubleshooting exercises, as necessary.
- Run demos, create/update documentation and host knowledge-sharing sessions around Automation and Delivery process.
- Good communication skills
- 5+ years of solid working experience in developing pipelines (build, test, deploy) for any of the following languages:
- Expertise in VCS/SCM using git; knowledge in various branching strategies
- Solid fundamental knowledge in network concepts (TCP/IP)
- Solid fundamental knowledge of Configuration Management Tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- 2+ years in a scripting language (e.g. python, groovy)
- 3+ years working on products within an AWS Infrastructure
- 5+ years of solid working experience in Linux/Unix environments.
- 5+ years solid working experience with OS scripting (sh, bash)
- 3+ years of experience managing and maintaining build tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, etc.
- 2+ years of automated environment provisioning and configuration using container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- 1+ years of Jenkins Pipeline experience
- 1+ years working with serverless technologies (e.g. AWS Lambda), a plus
- 1+ years working as an SWE or SQE, a plus
- 1+ years in Java programming, a plus
- Mobile Apps (iOS/Android) continuous integration experience, a plus
- NodeJS continuous integration experience, a plus
- Knowledge/Experience of AWS CloudFormation and/or HashiCorp Terraform, a plus
All offers of employment at TechLink, Inc. are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates. Background checks will include: Social Security Verification, Prior Employment Verification, Professional References, Educational Verification, Criminal History, Motor Vehicle Records and E-verify