The American Institute of Architects Job Description
Job Title DevOps Engineer
Reports to: Senior Director, ACD Online Services
Function of the Position:
This is a technical professional position in the Contract Documents Technology & Operations department, reporting to the Senior Director, AIA Contract Documents (ACD) Online Services. The Site Reliability Engineer role is a blend of architecture, automation, development, and application administration. This is a hands-on technical position in a fast-paced atmosphere in the AIA Contract Documents (ACD) Technology & Operations department. The incumbent will work with offshore development and operations team, the Documents Operations staff (software, technical support, marketing, education and operations teams) with the main focus as the team lead/partner with the engineering and operations team with troubleshooting, configuration, and automation and take the application to the next level with automated diagnostics/scaling/deployment, and more.
- Support existing enterprise e-commerce application.
- Develop & manage scripts and tools for monitoring, deployment of software and servers.
- Participate in capacity planning and disaster recovery.
- Serve as a team lead and guide/Lead the operations team in daily operation tasks such as deployment, troubleshooting, configuring application and servers, and creating new websites.
- Focus on application networking processes and automation.
- Support dev/qa team in the DevOps environment.
- Rapidly debug, fix and solve problems.
- Integrate with existing systems and tools and rip and replace where needed.
- Identify and address application and system performance bottlenecks in a high throughput production environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs); Training and Experience:
- Hands on experience with web application built on top of ASP.NET, Windows Servers 2012, IIS 8.x, Microsoft SQL 2012
- Must have prior experience managing cloud based enterprise web applications and/or ecommerce web applications.
- Possess a high standard of excellence,
- Strong customer focus, and is capable of technical deep-dives into app servers, databases, load balancers, operating systems, networks and/or code.
- Self-starter, independent thinker,
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Hands on experience with working on commercial/ecommerce enterprise application
- Strong understanding of DevOps practices and Object Oriented Design principles (preferred)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certified (Foundation Level) (preferred)
- Project management skills (preferred)
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills as necessary to communicate plans and status to all (preferred)
- Experience designing, building, and managing fault tolerant web platforms with 99.9+ availability in public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Hands on networking experience (DNS, BigIP F5, firewall, etc.)
- Hands on experience with PowerShell scripting and PowerShell commands
- Be able to do testing and troubleshooting issues related to 4xx/5xx HTML errors, access, permissions and performance issues of web sites from front end to back end
- Some development/coding background is a plus (preferred)
- Hands on SharePoint and TFS experience is a plus (preferred)
- Participate in a 24x7 rotation for on-call
- Detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey and discuss complex technical issues (preferred)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or Information Technology with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience or 8+ years of relevant work experience in infrastructure management and operations in lieu of degree