Our client is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer.
** NOT CORP-TO-CORP ELIGIBLE; W2 ONLY **
This job will have the following responsibilities:
* Our organization is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated and service delivery oriented DevOps engineer to join our IT DevOps-Service Delivery team. The candidate will be responsible defining and enforcing application support best practices, server provisioning, deployment automation, ITSM onboarding and provide full application development support across all environments including providing production support (L3 and higher) triage and on-call duties.
Qualifications & Requirements:
* The successful candidate will have a proven track record in leading projects from inception to implementation in a robust, timely and cost effective manner. The candidate must have excellent technical, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills backed with good verbal and written communication skills. Experience with the Microsoft Azure and application infrastructure related activities is a must. The ideal candidate will also have solid experience in successfully building partnerships with the business units and other IT groups within the organization.
* To be an effective engineer of this group, the candidate must be well versed in the system and software development life cycles, be able to provide direction and feedback during design/topology reviews, think strategically, have strong desire to ensure that the team meets the highest standards in triage, analysis and project management. Position also includes interacting with analyst leads and business partners, triaging/tracking issues and providing technical solutions to resolve business needs.
* Experience managing tasks across multiple simultaneous projects with aggressive time lines.
* Hands-on experience working with Application teams to deliver leading platforms with tight deadlines.
* Proven experience in working on Azure environments & its offerings (PaaS, SaaS or IaaS), PowerShell, Load balancing, Firewall and DNS.
* Understanding of Cloud APIs and Cloud technologies with some .NET & C# programming experience.
* Act as a liaison between application development and different infrastructure teams.
* Ability to troubleshoot across multiple applications.
* Understanding of OWASP and security best practices
* Prior experience in using cloud APIs to automate provisioning, deployment, improving system performance and stability a plus.
* Working knowledge of TFS and TFS Build definitions.
* Working knowledge of Maven, Jenkins or Hudson
* Working knowledge of Confluence Wiki is a plus.
* A college degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
* Certification in relevant technologies is a plus.
Type: Temp to Hire