Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
BOND & Specialty Insurance is seeking an Engineer to join the DevOps Center of Excellence (CoE) team and support the design, development and promotion of continuous integration / delivery (CI/CD) pipeline capabilities in order to help both our technology teams and business partners achieve speed to market. The candidate will use metrics and data analytics to drive improvements in the CI/CD pipeline and the integrated tool stack, resulting in optimized product release and support. The successful candidate will have a combination of solid technical skills, including ideally a software engineering background, and strong communication, coordination and planning capabilities.
The position may be based in 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of CI/CD pipelines for both on-premise and cloud environments.
- Coach/train our technology teams to embrace and mature in the DevSecOps space with the ultimate goal of achieving on-demand, fully automated production releases.
- Develop interfaces, services and API integrations as needed to improve the overall user experience and capture the required data for audit compliance throughout the delivery pipelines.
- Analyze and conduct PoCs on new tools and technologies that enhance the pipelines via capabilities such as code quality scanning, security vulnerability scanning, automated tests, integrated product owner approvals, etc.
- Support and drive the organization's movement towards public cloud (i.e., Amazon Web Services) and Kubernetes platforms (i.e., RedHat OpenShift, Amazon EKS), including the use of infrastructure as code and dynamic infrastructure provisioning with Terraform Enterprise.
- Develop best practices, standards, guidelines, templates and patterns that can serve as common solutions for all teams looking to achieve CI/CD.
- Identify pain points, manual steps, bottlenecks, etc. with existing delivery processes and innovate on solutions to optimize, streamline and/or automate.
- Position DevOps to fully support modern development practices, including trunk-based development and feature toggling.
- Support efforts to increase the speed and frequency of production releases by collaborating with Travelers enterprise to convert from legacy to modern build/deploy systems and release processes.
- Develop and report on key CI/CD metrics enabling data driven decision making.
- Be an active participant in change. Seek to understand and move your way through transitions in a positive way that benefits the company and yourself.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- One year of programming/development experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Three years of programming/development experience preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience or familiarity with the following is preferred:
- Build and deployment tools, such as MSBuild and Ant
- Scripting languages, such as Groovy and Python
- Source control tools Git and SVN
- CI/CD orchestration tools such as Jenkins, including the use of Jenkins files and "Pipeline as Code"), IBM Urban Code Deploy (UCD), ArgoCD and GitHub Actions
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry (pCF), AWS and OpenShift cloud and container platforms
- Infrastructure as code with Terraform
- Microservices concept
- Experience with C# and Angular programming
- Databases and database tools, including MSSQL, MySQL and MongoDB
- Trunk-based development
- Team collaboration and content management such as Confluence, Microsoft SharePoint and MS Teams
- Development tools such as SQL Management Studio, Visual Studio and VS Code
- Distributed environments (i.e. Windows/J2EE) and underlying infrastructure
- Ticketing and work tracking with such tools as BMC Remedy, CA Agile Central (formerly Rally), Service Now and Jira
- Communication - Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely interact with team members, document work in a clear, easy to follow manner, collaborate well with team members, take in well- scoped requirements and ask the right questions to ensure clarification, seek out and receive constructive criticism well and listen when others are speaking.
- Leadership - Intermediate leadership skills with a proven track record of self-motivation in identifying personal growth opportunities.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.