Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.Target Openings
1Job Description Summary
Enterprise Operations Technology is searching for a talented and experienced DevOps engineer to mature our CI/CD processes. We are looking for someone who has a passion for DevOps, automation and building repeatable processes. You will be joining a dynamic and continually evolving team to lead them on building a fully automated CI/CD pipeline for web-based applications. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in an Agile environment, planning and designing a path for continuous integration, deployment and delivery.
- Collaborate with scrum teams, the agile program and other key stakeholders to identify, estimate, and prioritize project and/or enhancement activity
- Act as a key contributor in the continued development of tools, Frameworks & techniques to improve Developer productivity and Quality.
- Identify opportunities to reduce time to delivery, rework and total cost of ownership while improving the functional and non-functional quality of deployed assets.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the DevOps pipeline, the Systems team who support it and the DBT teams that use it.
- Provide team direction, mentor ship, and feedback to technical and non-technical resources without direct authority
- Work closely with Quality Engineers to develop a scalable automation framework to be leveraged across the feature development cycle.
- Demonstrate the ability to recommend, set and enforce development guidelines and best practices.
- Apply knowledge from current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects and/or enhancements
- Mentor the Agile teams and developers on the set up and role of the DevOps tools in their projects
- Track maturity and adoption of DevOps capabilities while e nsuring work complies with Travelers standards, processes, and protocols
- Conduct investigations into critical delivery issues
- Effectively influence and communicate at all levels
- Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience designing and building DevOps pipelines.
- Experience with Cloud Management Platforms (IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS).
- Understanding DevOps pipeline integration with private and public Cloud Management Platforms
- Knowledge/experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) tools and practices.
- Hands-on experience with tools such as Github, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, SonarQube, Selenium, and more.
- Working experience with SAFe Agile delivery methodology
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Three years of programming/development experience preferred.
- Delivery - Intermediate delivery skills including the ability to deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to achieve commitments, decompose work assignments into small batch releases and contribute to tradeoff and negotiation discussions.
- Domain Expertise - Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the ability to understand technical concepts necessary to do the job effectively, demonstrate willingness, cooperation, and concern for business issues and possess in-depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on.
- Problem Solving - Proven problem solving skills including debugging skills, allowing you to determine source of issues in unfamiliar code or systems and the ability to recognize and solve repetitive problems rather than working around them, recognize mistakes using them as learning opportunities and break down large problems into smaller, more manageable ones.
- Communication - Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely interact with team members, document work in a clear, easy to follow manner, collaborate well with team members, take in well- scoped requirements and ask the right questions to ensure clarification, seek out and receive constructive criticism well and listen when others are speaking.
- Leadership - Intermediate leadership skills with a proven track record of self-motivation in identifying personal growth opportunities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Occasional weekend and overnight work hours required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.