They will need to sit in Raleigh/Durham area.
The Client Solutions Group reports to the office of the Deputy CIO for Technology and is responsible for delivering DevOps services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. The DevOps group flexes to support business-lead software development while bring to bear best practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
DevOps application lifecycle management tools underpin all DevOps services and enable an efficient hybrid business/IT software delivery model. In your role as the DevOps Applications Engineer you will be responsible for participation in selection and implementation of tools and processes which enable rapid development and deployment of software. Your mission is to embrace continuous integration/deployment in a delivery pipeline that will perform automated quality checks, deploy cloud infrastructure and applications quickly, and provide operational tooling and metrics that can be consumed by development teams. An ideal candidate for this role will have a blend of development and operational experience that provides them with a good understanding of the developers they are working with, while also balancing customer satisfaction and maintaining critical systems uptime.
This role will focus primarily on SDLC workflow and applications lifecycle, and will partner closely with a team whose focus is on infrastructure and systems lifecycle. In this role you will partner with your peers in Devops, Development, and QA – to deliver a fully automated end-to-end application lifecycle management process.
- Establish an automated DevOps lifecycle management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts (the Dev) and on-going production operations (the Ops). Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mind set.
- Ensure development teams are provided a full set of DevOps application lifecycle management tools by leading the establishment of appropriate tooling and processes that will result in a fully automated application lifecycle management pipeline to include: source revision control repositories, SDLC issue management workflows, automated build processes, configuration management for applications, CI/CD workflow, integration of testing processes, application deployments, and operational metrics/debugging information (to targeted teams).
- Partner with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions that move cyclical and project activities forward in a timely manner.
- Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevOps initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
- Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve objectives; technically guide cyclical and project activities through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality.
- Work with teams to bring continuous improvement to application lifecycle management processes and tools. Develop and own application KPIs to ensure performance is measured against expected business outcomes.
- Ensure applications are deployed, configured, monitored, measured, and supported in a manner that aligns with business service level objectives.
- 10+ years of experience in the IT field.
- 8+ years of Linux/Unix system administration with experience in an environment with 300+ servers.
- Understand how to automate builds and deployment for all lifecycles - from development through production within a Continuous Delivery model.
- Ability to travel occasionally ~15%.
- 3-5 years of Application Lifecycle Management Coordination/Engineer experience managing builds through development, QA, UAT through to production.
- Experience with practical implementations of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools.
- Direct, hands-on experience with DevOps processes and application lifecycle management tools.
- Strong experience with IaaS implementation in a cloud-hosted model – Azure and AWS preferred.
- Working knowledge of Docker containers, microservice architecture, and automated deployment/management of containerized applications.
- Experience with SDLC tools, such as Jira, Bitbucket, Git, etc.
- Experience with APM/monitoring tools such as NewRelic or AppDynamics.
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Experience with Linux/open systems packaging mechanisms like APT, RPM, PyPi, or similar.
- Knowledge of non-relational databases like Cassandra or MongoDB, and relational databases like PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of networking, firewalls, load balancers etc.
- Experience with compliance programs like SOC1, SOC2.
- Knowledge of best practices for IT operations in an always-on, always-available service model.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately with business and technical teams.
- Excellent influencing and reasoning skills; good at conflict resolution and consensus building.
Periodic after hours on-call support required.
Thank you for your time.
US Tech Solutions