DevOps Engineer Position ID:
20035474 Position Summary
The DevOps engineer provides research software development support for an innovative, large scale cloud-based initiative involving collaborations with academic researchers, medical professionals and computational scientists. The DevOps engineer collaborates with software developers and researchers to create tools to automate and streamline software testing, deployment and operation. Educational Requirements
Masters and 1-2 years experience or Bachelors and 2-4 years experience or will accept a combination of related education and experience in substitution. Qualifications and Experience
- Professional work experience with continuous integration, source control and configuration management tools.
- Professional work experience with cloud infrastructure.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- Expertise implementing information security policies in a cloud computing environment.
- Experience with relational database systems.
- A working understanding of code and script (Python and/or Perl).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please indicate in your cover letter how you might contribute to an inclusive climate at Gillings. Application Types Accepted
Applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by the closing date to be considered. Please submit an online application for position ID 20035474 at http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/176243 The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran. Inclusive Excellence is a core value at the Gillings School of Global Public Health. We expect our faculty and staff to actively contribute to fostering an academic workplace climate that is welcoming and supportive for all.