At UWM we want the best people. We work with you to ensure your role is tailored to best suit you and your professional goals. You will play a key role in expanding our fast growing IT team. We have experienced explosive growth as an emerging leader in the Financial Industry, and are looking for people who will lead our growth going forward.
As a DevOps Engineer at UWM you will work in a fast paced, results driven environment and be responsible for building a highly scalable enterprise application.
This position reports directly to our DevOps team leader.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Ensuring an awesome experience for all IT team members
- Driving the automation needed to enable continuous delivery
- Develop extensible enterprise software using cutting-edge technology
- Leading solution design to help all of IT to "shift left" via self-service and automated quality
- Work with all IT team members to collaborate and build industry leading software
- Participate in Scrum rituals (standup, grooming, planning, retrospective)
- Promote best practices and patterns in software development
- Research and assess new tools & technologies
- Mentor and lead junior team members
- Customer-centric mindset
- 7+ years of overall production IT experience
- 2+ years of DevOps experience (source, branch, build, deploy)
- Experience in Groovy or Java
- Strong familiarity and experience with Production IT infrastructure innovations, trends, methods and best practices including DevOps, Cloud, and Virtualization
- Ability to work with limited guidance in a team environment
- Experience with relational databases (SQL, Oracle)
- Expert knowledge of build solutions & pipelines
- Expert knowledge of branching models
- Strong working knowledge of GIT
- Computer-related degree or equivalent experience
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
- Exemplary communication abilities
- Experience with containers (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience with DevOps in the cloud (Azure, AWS)
- Experience with build tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Team Builds)
- Experience with GIT-based source control tools (TFS, Azure DevOps, BitBucket, GitHub)
- Experience with deployment & configuration tools (Octopus, XL Deploy, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with package management tools (NuGet, ProGet, Nexus)
- Experience with database automation (RedGate, Datical, Liquibase)
- Experience with work tracking tools (TFS, Jira)
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Experience with full SDLC process
Ready to join thousands of talented team members who are making the dream of home ownership possible for more Americans? It's all happening on UWM's campus, where our award-winning work place packs plenty of perks and amenities that keep the atmosphere buzzing with energy and excitement.
From the team member that holds a door open to the one that helps guide your career, you'll feel the encouragement and support on day one. No matter your race, creed, gender, age , sexual orientation and ethnicity, you'll be welcomed here. Accepted here. And empowered to Be You Here.
It's no wonder that of our six pillars, People Are Our Greatest Asset is number one. It's at the very heart of how we treat each other, our clients and our community. Whether it's providing elite client service or continuously striving to improve, our pillars provide a pathway to a more successful personal and professional life.
More reasons you'll love working here include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after just 30 days
- Additional parental and maternity leave benefits after 12 months
- Adoption reimbursement program
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid training and career development
- Medical, dental , vision and life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Mortgage discount and area business discounts
- Free membership to our l arge, state-of-the-art fitness center , including exercise classes such as yoga and Zumba, various sports leagues and a full-size basketball court
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician's office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch
- Convenience store featuring healthy grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company
- I ndoor/outdoor caf with Wi-Fi
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with UWM is "at-will." UWM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect with UWM!
Not sure what to apply for? Connect with us to speak with a recruiter and explore opportunities!