has an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer
to support the US Senate
in Washington, DC.Additional Information:
- Salary: dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: none
- Location: Washington, DC
- Available: upon award, currently in proposal stage
- Developing core infrastructure that supports all other engineering teams
- Developing APIs, systems, and services for the platform
- Architecting servers and services that support terabytes of data from connecting and enabling new product features
- Building systems to monitor system performance and reliability at scale
- Bachelor's degree in IT, or Computer Science with relevant experience (4 - 6 years) in platform ops
- Experience administrating a Linux-based environment (RHEL, CentOS, CoreOS), Docker, container orchestration tools is a plus (e.g., preferably Kubernetes/GoogleAnthos/OpenShift)
- Experience working in a Hybrid cloud environment
- Automation experience: Bash/Perl, Ansible, CI/CD with Jenkins, Gitlab
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as: New Relic, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, Sentry
- Agile mindset and likes to tackle complex problems and take initiative and responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have the ability to transport laptop/work equipment to and from work and home in order to support remote work, if required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.