We re looking for a middlewear engineer to manage the inner workings of our web application server-side components. This is a new position located at our corporate headquarters inside the Historic Old Cotton Factory in downtown Rock Hill, SC.
What will I be doing?
- Work closely with the Application Services and IT teams to ensure SQL queries are optimal and perform without issues. All SQL environments will be your responsibility to ensure that they are secure, compliant, robust, scalable, highly efficient and highly available
- Integrating front-end elements built by the developers into the application framework.
- Using best in breed technology to design your own workflows and systems to accomplish company goals
- Server-side management for internal and external applications, specifically managing these applications: Jira Server, FICO Debt Manager, JBOSS, GoAnywhere MFT, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft IIS, Wordpress, Sharepoint, and others
- Perform installations, upgrades, system configurations, patch updates, requested system changes, and system testing
- Optimization of the applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Design processes and environments for application roll-out and delivery, including major system updates.
- Coordinate configuration of and changes with the network engineer to firewall rules, routing, and load balancer/reverse proxy configuration
- Ensure the availability, stability, and security of the applications by designing highly available/fault tolerant systems in accordance with traditional and cutting-edge disaster recovery and information security principles
- Learn about and integrate bleeding-edge technologies into our future and existing applications
- Manage, and partner with other team members in the implementation of, projects that include connectivity to third party vendors and/or cloud-based technologies, including encryption of data.
- Assist the IT team as directed/needed in their functional areas, including Help Desk, server administration, datacenter services (Nutanix, VMware, etc.), etc.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Experience managing a hosting/server environment, including database administration
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, automated testing, and OWASP security principles
- Understanding of or experience with JBOSS, or similar application
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Ability to work autonomously and with others
- Passionate about: documentation, data security, change management, diagramming, continuous learning, measuring results and learning from them, cost control, clear and concise communication (oral and written), building relationships and trust with team members, and efficient time management.
Icing on the cake:
- Skilled in performance tuning, query plan/execution analysis, indexing, table portioning
- Experiencing in writing testing documentation and procedures
- Experience working with modern datacenter technologies such as Nutanix and VMware virtualization
- Analytical mindset, curiosity, inquisitiveness, empathetic, flexiblilty, love of learning, pragmatism, team player, technical mindset
- Experience with F5 technologies or similar load balancers/reverse proxies/web application firewalls.
Why join us?
- Professional, family atmosphere where we WORK-PLAY-GIVE.
- Named a Training Top 125 Winner for 2019
- Relaxed dress code, flexible work hours and ability to work from home
- Coffee shop and brewery on campus with food trucks visiting multiple times a week for lunch
- Employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Ample opportunities to give back to the community
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits for employees and/or family
- Company-paid life and long-term disability coverage
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Named a Best Places to Work in Collections for the last 11 years
- Employee wellness program
- Traffic in Rock Hill is much better than Charlotte!
- Downtown Rock Hill is quickly becoming an exciting place to work
Williams and Fudge, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.