The experienced DevOps Engineer will work in a team environment that will help build, automate, and monitor the infrastructure platform for The Elder Scrolls Online and future projects.
The preferred location for this role is Hunt Valley, MD, Austin, TX, Madison, WI, San Diego, CA, or Seattle, WA. Will consider remote. Responsibilities
- Help create and support a reliable, secure, scalable environment to provide the best gaming experience for our end users
- Work closely with other engineering teams to better understand their software enabling you to adapt the platform to their needs
- Exemplify a passion for producing quality deliverables in a timely manner
- W ork in a fast paced (Agile) environment, following a structured build and publishing process
- Comfortably and confidently work with and learn from an experienced team as a technology generalist (who may have demonstrated significant specialization in previous positions)
- 3+ years of related experience
- Proficient with Python
- Must possess experience in supporting mission critical live environments with:
- Core system services: BIND, Sendmail, Samba, Rsync, NTP, NFS, etc.
- Web servers (Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd) and application frameworks (PHP, Tomcat, JBOSS, etc.)
- System and Application Logging: syslog-ng, rsyslog, Splunk, etc.
- Source code management: Git, Perforce etc.
- RedHat or Debian package creation and repository management
- SQL or NoSQL databases: MySQL/MariaDB
- Configuration Management Tools: Chef, etc.
- Continuous Integration: TeamCity, etc.
- Must have some experience automating system tasks and monitoring infrastructure deployment using a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Bash)
- Must have prior experience in a 24/7 on call rotation supporting business critical applications or systems
- Experience with public cloud deployments (AWS, Google Cloud Platform) and containers (Kubernetes, etc.)
- Knowledge of Akamai CDN, Go, PowerShell, vSphere/VMware
- Hobbyist programming background
- Author a technical blog or github page with code samples
- A passion for security tools and best practices: OS hardening, vulnerability scanning, system auditing
- Linux networking experience is a plus, this includes routing, NAT, VLAN, bridging, and prior experience with Cisco or Juniper network routers and switches
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do - from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.