Title: DevOps Engineer with Cloud / Development Experience
Description: STG is a fast-growing Digital Transformation services company providing Fortune 500 companies with Digital Transformation, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud Integration services in both information technology and engineering product lines. STG has a 98% repeat business rate from existing clients and have achieved industry awards and recognition for our services. Crain’s Detroit Business named STG to Michigan’s Fastest Growing Companies list in both 2020 and 2019, Top IT Services Company’s List in 2020, 2019, 2018, and Top Minority Business Enterprise List in 2020, 2019, and 2019.
STG puts company CULTURE at the forefront of every business decision and employees are EMPOWERED and MEASURED for RESULTS. Both TEAMWORK and INDIVIDUAL Performance is recognized and rewarded.
This is a full-time position that includes responsibilities of DevOps Engineer with Cloud / Development Experience. The right person for this position will have high energy, a positive attitude, and a high attention to detail, and an unwavering commitment to success.
The DevOps Engineer will establish the organization's data infrastructure, promoting engineering best practices on data management, and keeping the high bar for data quality.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work with our data customers to provide reliable and timely data
- Be able to choose the appropriate level of data extraction when designing and implementing tables in the data lake
- Write code that reliably extracts data from REST service calls and then loads into the data lake
- Contribute to data operations with process documentation, service levels, data quality, performance dashboards, and continuous improvement efforts
- Implement operational improvements through automation, requiring ingenuity and creativity, within data pipelines
- Implement standards and procedures, work with the team to ensure conformity to standards and best practices
- Incident management, triage the activities and work with stakeholders and communicate with timely updates
- Prepare for and respond to audits for compliance with established standards, policies, guidelines and procedures
- Collaborate with data engineering and data governance teams in release planning, training, and handoffs
- Manage processes at various levels of maturity, while maintaining consistent quality and throughput expectations
- Ensure visibility of all operational metrics, and related issues, to peers and leadership and proactively identify opportunities for operational efficiencies
- Be part of our support rotation
- Experience enriching data using third-party data sources
- Working knowledge of the latest big data technologies and systems
- Experience building out the tooling and infrastructure to make systems more self-service
- Knowledge of tools like Databricks and Astronomer/Airflow to run workloads
- Demonstrable experience of building internal tooling using Scala, ZIO, and Cats
- 5 years of overall relevant experience
- 2 years of experience in the following:
- Developing extract-transform-load (ETL)
- Experience in working in both SQL and Python
- Hands-on experience in data lakes
- Hands-on experience in Airflow
- Hands-on experience using Spark in Scala
- Hands-on experience using Git performing merges
- Experience using asynchronous REST calls to request data
- Experience using NoSQL databases like Bigtable, Cassandra, HBase, etc.
- Experience in functional programming
- Experience using an effects library like Cats IO, ScalaZ, or Zio
- Good to have experience with AWS, CI/CD, Scala (Apache Spark). Java, Python, C++ Java Data Mining.
DevOps Engineer with Cloud / Development Experience position is based at Dearborn, Michigan. A great opportunity to experience the corporate environment leading personal career growth.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Vasavi Konda – vasavi.konda(@)stgit.com and/or contact @248.712.6725. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name: DevOps Engineer with Cloud / Development Experience.
For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com.
Vasavi Konda| Recruiting Specialist
“Opportunities don't happen, you create them.”
Systems Technology Group (STG)
3001 W. Big Beaver Road, Suite 500
Troy, Michigan 48084