DevOps Lead/ Architect
Location: San Mateo, CA
Duration: 6+ months contract
What we re looking for in you:
As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer, you will be a key player in helping us lead our IT Operations initiatives focused on improving end-to-end system performance, scalability, reliability while managing costs to support our consumer website.
What you ll be doing:
- Work with your fellow engineers to define deployment, configuration and monitoring requirements
- Provide technical leadership to a team of engineers located globally, e.g. India
- Plan, build, configure, and optimize private and public cloud infrastructure for high performance, scalable and reliable consumer website
- Lead root cause analysis and collaborate with Engineering to build instrumentation into our stack to understand real-time performance characteristics
- Lead troubleshooting efforts with production/non-production systems
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call team rotation.
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to understand performance and availability requirements
What you should have:
- Bachelor s or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience
- Expertise in architecting, designing, troubleshooting and improving highly-scalable and high-performing large web sites (> 10 million visitors per month)
- Ability to lead teams and do technical deep dives into infrastructure to deliver highly-available services
- Demonstrated expertise in Cloud Computing services (e.g. Amazon AWS, and Docker)
- Knowledgeable in managing MySQL, MongoDB, Kafka, Elastic Search, and Memcache
- Ability to install, configure and maintain Linux hosts and popular open source applications such as Nginx, Apache HTTPd, Apache Tomcat, and Postfix
- Prior experience using datacenter automation tools such as OpenStack, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, ELK, and Zabbix.
- Experience in automating system administration tasks with scripting tools such as Python or shell is preferred
- Proficient in analyzing and troubleshooting operating system, networking, configuration and performance problems.
- Fundamental understanding of Internet networking protocols: TCP/IP, TLS, DNS, HTTP, SMTP.
- Clear communication with both technical and non-technical staff
Indecomm Digital Services
8800 E Raintree Dr, Suite 200, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
P: +1 832 239 8719