Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is looking for a DevOps Manager to lead a team within our DevOps organization. In this role you will provide mentorship to engineers allocated across multiple projects, implement and drive DevOps, automation and engineering solutions on premises and in the cloud.
As a technical leader, you will help complete the vision and roadmap for DevOps modernization and cloud adoption within the organization. This role will also be responsible for leading a team of DevOps engineers to build and improve automated deployment and testing capabilities including continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
Previous experience with DevOps automation and AWS cloud engineering with solid understanding and working experience with DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineering operating models.
We empower our people to balance their life and work responsibilities. That's why we offer a flexible hybrid work model that allows you to collaborate with office colleagues on some days, and work from home on others. Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and support for the technical engineering team to ensure management and staff understand and meet delivery, financial, efficiency, service, and quality goals.
- Work closely with staff and management team to formulate, implement, and measure outcomes of strategic plans and goals. Assist with setting a vision for the future, including developing plans to meet or achieve business needs consistent with System IT Principles.
- Recruit, retain and foster development of a diverse team with an appropriate mix of technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills. Identify and develop staff with leadership and management potential.
- Develop, empower, and evaluate performance of staff, which includes leading staff to identify developmental assignments and training opportunities, working with individuals on their career goals, delegating responsibilities, providing timely feedback, and evaluating performance on any of the preceding duties.
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in computer science, management information systems or comparable technical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of broad technical experience in one or more areas of information technology. Experience to include managing complex projects, programs, or technology platforms.
- 5 years of experience leading advanced technical teams or related support functions.
- Experience with responsibilities over DevOps or CI/CD engineering teams. Solid understanding of the DevOps ecosystem and technology stack ( e.g., Maven, Jenkins, GitLab, GitHub, Nexus, Subversion, Fortify, SonarQube and Nexus IQ/LCM ).
- Experience in AWS Cloud in implementing DevOps, driving CI/CD and cloud operations.
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as code ( IaC ) through Terraform is a plus
- Cloud migration experience with AWS from on-prem is a plus
- Broad knowledge of current trends in information technology including practices supporting application delivery and engineering.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, financial, influencing and negotiating skills. Excellent day-to-day operating skills - ability to implement coupled with a focused approach and manage risk.
- Dedication to delivering a phenomenal customer experience with a personal and professional value system consistent with the culture and values of the Bank and FRS.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of business both verbally and in writing.
- Must be a U.S Citizen or a with intent to become a U.S Citizen
We offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a Retirement / Pension
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank's vaccination policy; the Bank will provide accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. Full Time / Part Time
Full time Regular / Temporary
Regular Job Exempt (Yes / No)
Yes Job Category
Information Technology Work Shift
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.