Work you'll do
• Architect and manage DevOps capabilities in cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets and automation
• Ensure DevOps systems we build are robust in the sense they can scale, handle rapid growth, and limit exposure to single points of failure and security vulnerabilities
• Partner with development and operations teams to develop automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner
• This is a hands-on role that architects and supports build and release automation pipelines
• Manage entire pipelines and working with tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt stack and Terraform
• Support the automation requirements of continuous integration and continuous deployment
• Identify and develop metrics and dashboards to monitor adoption and maturity of Dev Ops within the AppDev teams.
• Strong understanding and familiarity with the fundamentals of UNIX/Linux systems administration
• Develop proposals and participate in sales/business development efforts within the Technology Consulting practice.
• Continually expand your knowledge beyond your defined area of competence in order to gain a complete, holistic view of a client technology organization.
CBO Cloud Engineering Team
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy and Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, and Cloud Infrastructure & Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
• You can demonstrate your ability to blend the skills of a customer-oriented consultant and customer facing manager with a hands-on technical expertise required to architect and manage a DevOps capability (6-8 years; experience modern software development, architecture and DevOps)
• Ability to troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively
• Experience in agile tooling (Jira, etc.), distributed code management (Git, etc.), and deployment strategies that support both iterative & continuous development
• Application of agile engineering practices such as clean code, secure code, structured refactoring, test driven development, domain driven design, continuous integration and delivery
• Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure and operations to ensure the scalability and maintainability of cloud native applications in public cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure)
• Strong problem-solving skills - ability to take a process perspective in solving problems.
• Solid understanding of IT organizations and specific challenges and issues.
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Understanding of Kubernetes and/or Docker and/or OpenShift