Perficient seeks a DevOps Product Engineer.
- 1+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent degree; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (3+ years in total)
- Sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the implementation of deliverables within a field of expertise.
- Professional experience with Azure and AWS cloud environments
- Experience with Azure DevOps, formerly known as VSTS
- Familiarity with CI/CD
- Familiarity with Powershell
- Development knowledge desired, but not required
- Ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on combinations and interactions of products
- Ability to apply technology to devise creative solutions for difficult problems
- Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence
- Demonstrates the use of creative thinking skills including questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing
- Demonstrates a desire to continually learn and maintain knowledge of cloud technologies, best practices and industry trends
- Owns and produces technical documentation. Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form. Ability to write relevant components of a technical document. Ability to translate verbal requirements from face to face meetings into requirements documents and user stories
- Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with team members, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate. Able to estimate the amount of effort required to deliver assigned tasks
DevOps Product Engineers are focused on monitoring, troubleshooting, configuring, and maintaining our cloud platforms in use by our internal teams and customers. DevOps engineers will need to have basic proficiency in Microsoft Azure or AWS with an expert proficiency in at least one of those platforms. DevOps engineers will also support our Managed Service Offerings (MSO) for customers running on the Twilio cloud communications platform. As a member of our DevOps engineering team, you will set the standards and blaze new paths for optimizing usage and cost, configuring, operating, automating, and enabling 24x7 monitoring of cloud platform components.
- Create and maintains Azure DevOps build and release pipelines
- Automation of Azure resource deployments via ARM templates, YAML, or Terraform
- Automation of AWS resource deployments via CloudFormation templates or Terraform
- Maintenance and optimization of Azure cloud space
- Maintenance and optimization of AWS cloud space
- Maintenance and optimization of Google Cloud space
- Configure monitoring and logging for new or existing Perficient cloud products and offerings
- Provide monitoring capabilities for production Perficient cloud products and offerings
- Build, maintain, and scale infrastructure for multiple environments across Azure and AWS
- Write and maintain infrastructure documentation regarding DevOps practices
- Evaluate new technologies and update or develop standard procedures
- Communicates with product software and support engineers and capable of working embedded within the team
- Provides technical support and input on the application of technology to MSO cloud product support engineers
- Provides advice on solution and integration opportunities when applicable
- Reacts to critical product alerts, troubleshoots the issue, and works with the software development engineers on the solution of the issue
- Understands and learns a broad spectrum of technologies to provide DevOps practice optimizations
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.