Description Job Description:
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a DevOps Engineer in Hanover, MD.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for building and managing development and production environments for an IC Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM) system. In this DevOps role you will have software development; scripting and administration responsibilities. You will also be responsible for deploying updates to a highly available load balanced system consisting of a large number of servers.
- Setting-up and maintaining an ongoing a continuous build/ integration infrastructure for multiple environments.
- Writing build and deployment scripts.
- Enabling successful release management by moving code from Development and Testing environments to Staging and Production.
- Documenting and coordinating with developers and leadership on releases.
- Change tracking tools (e.g. Redmine, JIRA, etc.)
- Managing/installing software on web application servers (preferably JBoss)
- Working with Linux, including Perl and bash
- Working with Docker containers and troubleshooting related performance issues
- Training and supporting developers on processes for source control, through build automation, merge resolution, CI, test automation, deployment.
- Public Key Enabling (PKE)
Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
Bachelor's Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines and 4 or more years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4 years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 8 years.
Experience with Linux
Experience with Java or other higher level programming language
Experience with Perl and Bash is highly desired
Knowledge of source code control management systems and build automation (i.e., Bitbucket, Sonar Nexus, Jenkins, etc.) and code branching/merging strategies
- RESTful services, web services, and SOAP services.
- Application servers and containers (Oracle Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat).
- Programming with Java and Perl
- LDAP (RedHat directory).
- Secure web (SSL) and file encryption.