Description Job Description:
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave and a 20k Sign on Bonus for this role! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!Program Summary
The Leidos Intelligence Group multiple career opportunities for experienced Software Engineers on our large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to our customer and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.Position Summary
This unique position is a combination of a Software Developer position and a System Administrator. The engineer will setup setup a cloud-based system that runs programs that are wrapped in containers and then help move analytics onto it. They will then manage it and help with containers. The Developer/Engineer will use the platform which makes it easy to package code and deploy components. It enables developers to iterate, test, and release new versions (or entirely new tools) rapidly, following a process inspired by DevOps.Required Qualifications
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of software development experience
- BS degree or related engineering/technical degree may count toward some experience and will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Within the last 7 years, a minimum of 5 years' experience with designing, coding, testing, and debugging software to run on Linux Operating System.
- Java or Python programming experience
- System Administration experience
- ELK stack
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Optical networking
Working knowledge of common protocols/standards such as TCP/IP, SDH/SONET, OTN, MPLS/GMPLS, Ethernet, Carrier Grade Ethernet
Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge in functional area and of telecommunications technology including DWDM, ROADM, SONET/SDH, OTN
Don't let that 20k get away! Apply today!