Work you'll do
• Design, implement, and manage DevOps capabilities in cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets and automation
• Ensure DevOps systems we build are robust in the sense they can scale, handle rapid growth, and limit exposure to single points of failure and security vulnerabilities
• This is a hands-on role that develops and supports build and release automation pipelines. You will be part of one team that will deploy a highly available full software stack in public/ private clouds
• Manage entire pipelines and working with tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt stack and Terraform
• Install and configure NOSQL and SQL databases of all flavors- MongoDB, MYSQL, Cassandra, Couchbase, Oracle
• Remediate gaps and support the automation requirements of continuous integration and continuous deployment
• Identify and develop metrics and dashboards to monitor adoption and maturity of DevOps within the AppDev teams.
• Strong understanding and familiarity with the fundamentals of UNIX/Linux systems administration
• Collaborate and contribute to enhance the Deloitte DevOps Cloud Platform for cloud native use cases and optimizations
• Continually expand your knowledge beyond your defined area of competence in order to gain a complete, holistic view of a client technology organization.
CBO Cloud Engineering Team
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy and Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, and Cloud Infrastructure & Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
• Hands on with Shells, Shell scripting basics.
• Experience with microservices architectures and deploying Docker containers
• Understanding of cloud infrastructure and operations to ensure the scalability and maintainability of cloud native applications in public cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure)
• Versed and able to develop across Java, .NET and leading scripting languages with minimal ramp-up time
• Experience in agile tooling (Jira, etc.), distributed code management (Git, etc.), and deployment strategies that support both iterative & continuous development
• Application of agile engineering practices such as clean code, secure code, structured refactoring, test driven development, domain driven design, continuous integration and delivery
• Strong problem-solving skills - ability to take a process perspective in solving problems.
• Solid understanding of IT organizations and specific challenges and issues.
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Expert at Python
• Expert at Kubernetes and/or Docker and/or OpenShift