DevOps Team Lead
Job Description OVERVIEW
CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that helps clients confidently spot great opportunities and make smart choices ahead of competitors.
Homes.com offers today's demanding home buyers, renters and those somewhere in between a simply smarter home search. With features like Homes.com Match, HomeShare and Snap & Search, homeshoppers now have a more personalized way to search for their next home. Since its launch over 25 years ago, Homes.com offers real estate professionals brand and property advertising, search engine marketing and instant response lead generation to help them succeed online.
Our Norfolk, VA team is seeking an accomplished Technical Team Lead, DevOps
to join our team in supporting the supporting multiple software products and brands across the organization, such as www.homes.com and www.homesnap.com . What qualities we are looking for?
What essential qualifications and skills we are looking for?
- An individual with a sense of ownership and pride in his performance and its impact on company's success and can work in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple software products and brands across the organization such as www.homes.com and www.homesnap.com
- An Individual who is passionate about automating and leveraging DevOps principles, always striving for operational excellence with infrastructure-as-code mentality.
- An individual who lives and breathes continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) using latest DevOps tools and innovative methods
- An individual with proactive and go-getter attitude who works well in a team environment as an individual contributor
- An individual who is comfortable in a development and operations role
- An individual who has a thirst for learning new tools, platforms and languages
- An individual who communicates and collaborates well with teams in IT and business organizations within the company
- A critical thinker with good problem solving and time management skills and an ability to multi-task
- An individual with strong communication skills, expresses oneself clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Provides help to management, including hiring, on-boarding, training and performance reviews.
- Motivates team members and assesses performance, keeps management updated on team performance.
What is good to have but not required?
- 3-5+ years' experience with managing heavy web traffic sites using mass scale architecture with a developer focus
- Solid sizing and estimation techniques for small to medium size tasks and projects
- Configuration management tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Infrastructure as code using Cloudformation, Terraform or similar platforms
- Some experience in AWS or Azure or Google cloud
- Application load balancing technologies such as F5 LTMs, including management of VIPs, pools, nodes, iRule authoring, SSL offloading.
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools in areas of APM, system vitals, synthetics and RUM.
- Heavy scripting support (Bash)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with configuring Content Delivery Networks (CDN) for performance caching and global traffic management.
- Familiarity with infrastructure foundation components of large networks in AWS and on-prem (e.g., systems & network administration, DNS, hypervisors, containers, databases, multi-datacenters).
- Bachelor's Degree is required
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
- Programming languages / some developer background with either Java, C#, Python,NodeJS
- Server-less architecture methodologies
- Familiarity with PCI compliance and remediation
- Mobile application support (iOS, Android)
- Experience in REST API or Microservices development
- Agile methodologies and working on short sprint cycles
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide. WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing