Are you interested in working for a fast moving, dynamic government agency who is fully on-board with innovation, agile practices and creating a full CI/CD Automation Devops practice? Do you want to create a legacy that will carry on despite political climate changes? This is your opportunity to be part of an exclusive, highly visible and highly motivated hand-picked team who works hard but also plays hard. Not only is there high opportunity for growth and learning but there is a strong sense of duty and country.
We are looking for senior-level DevOps Technical Project Manager(s) to support our Federal client.
At Improvix, we look for self-starters who can work independently and collaborate across teams to deliver technically sound engineering solutions that will be instrumental to the advancement and maintenance of the client’s DevOps CI/CD Pipelines and Cloud Infrastructure. As part of the engineering team, you will strategize, consult, and prototype alongside other engineers to implement best practices and solutions for applications utilizing CI/CD and the Cloud solution. You will evangelize infrastructure automation, cloud solution, and display a strong understanding of Cloud-as-a-Service varieties: PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS.
- Candidates must have and/or be eligible to obtain a Secret or Top-Secret clearance.
- Ability to plan and lead an engagement with an application team adopting DevOps and Cloud solutions
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios while continuously improving software engineering practices.
- Ability to function in a rapidly evolving environment and adapt to frequent transitions in technologies and teams
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Ability to clearly articulate and explain complex concepts and technologies to a non-technical audience
- Manage daily activities to maximize scheduling and real-time utilization of resources. Act as a team lead on a cross-functional IT project team, exercising project management skills to plan, develop, implement, coordinate, and lead project activities (e.g., develop feasible milestones, coordinate and plan)
- Identify needs and provides recommendations on staffing increases or decreases.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering teams, solving complex system problems together
- Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assessing the overall quality of delivered components
- Experience with Cloud Services, Amazon Web Services and Azure desired
- In this role you can expect to be exposed to tools such as: .net, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Azure Cloud Infrastructure just to name a few.
- 7+ years’ experience in technical project management or related work experience.
- Microsoft Project, JIRA, ServiceNow, ITIL and Agile IT SDLC experience
- Have technical knowledge of all phases of project management; PMP certification preferable.
- Possess 3+ years’ experience implementing commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products in a Federal Agency environment
- Skilled in providing negotiation, customer service, organization, communication, problem solving, and conflict management.
Location: This position is in Washington DC. Candidates must live within the Washington DC area. Relocation expenses are not included.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time