GEICO's IT DevOps organization is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, and service delivery oriented DevOps Technical Supervisor
to join our leadership team. The candidate will be responsible for leading a team of DevOps engineers who will provide full infrastructure life cycle support for our applications hosted in Azure. Core responsibilities for the team will be application onboarding, infrastructure provisioning and maintaining, ensuring business continuity, defining and enforcing application support best practices, cloud cost management, and provide availability support via on-call duties.
- Sound technical knowledge, strategic/analytical thought process, articulative in problem-solving and decision making backed with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in project and team management across multiple simultaneous mission-critical projects with aggressive timelines.
- Proven experience in instrumenting key engineering artifacts such as developing design documents, standards/best practices, KPIs, Agile, and decisions tree within the team.
- Ability to work closely with Enterprise/Application architects and Platform providers (Microsoft, DevOps Core, DB, CICD) often acting as a liaison to deliver robust and compliant solutions.
- Establishing goals and developing plans to continually improve every individual performance.
- Proven knowledge in Azure environment & its service offerings to manage a team that will design, document, and implement highly scalable and reliable infrastructure solutions.
- Ability to establish and enforce infrastructure health diagnostics and optimization through robust monitoring, automation, and capacity planning.
- Ability to drive troubleshooting across multiple tiers and enforce DevOps operational standards wherever applicable.
- Must be able to manage a 24x7 support team for mission-critical systems.
- Working knowledge of AKS or other similar container solutions.
- Proven experience working with an offshore team to cover night and weekend shifts.
- Certification in relevant technologies such as Azure, Agile, PMP, and etc.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related fields, or equivalent professional experience is required.
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
As a full-time DevOps Technical Supervisor, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants. #LI-ME1 #DI-ME