VariQ is seeking a DevSecOps Architect
for a long-term contract with the DHS in Rockville, MD
. The candidate will be part of a large DevSecOps team providing development, security and operations (DevSecOps) services to support U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Information Technology (IT) system delivery. The DevSecOps Architect will actively collaborate with government Product Owners, Enterprise Architects, external vendor teams, and internal VariQ team members to create high-performance, user-centric, cloud-native solutions based on stakeholder needs. Additional Information:
ResponsibilitiesThe DevSecOps Architect shall:
- Salary: dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: none
- Location: Rockville, MD
- Available: upon award, currently in proposal stage
Should be familiar with much of the existing stack ( or a similar product ):
- As the technical liaison should be comfortable interacting with the business product owner and stakeholders.
- Understand the product requirements and the business processes that the technical solutions support.
- Lead the technical development, security, and testing of a set of capabilities in development, test, stage, and production environments using a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery approach.
- Perform software DevSecOps services in AWS Cloud environment, or other environments as specified by the Government. The contractor shall perform complete software development lifecycle and will have total responsibility for development, operations, security, and testing each set of capabilities in all applicable environments to release to end-users.
- Be responsible for the teams that perform the full suite of DevSecOps tasks using agile methodologies, including participating in creating user stories for both business functionality and technical requirements and defining acceptance criteria; estimating the size of stories; designing solutions; developing code and automated tests; creating deployment scripts; managing code in production; managing any database solutions.
- Integrate security and code quality scanning tools into the CD/CI pipeline.
- Test its product and ensure its quality; and will deploy its code. The required deliverable is functional deployable code that meets the standards set forth.
- Be the thought leader for the DevOps team, responsible for staying abreast of leading edge technologies, including DevOps continuous integration and continuous delivery processes, technologies, and tools.
- Work with the contract team on continuous improvement of increasing maturity of DevOps and Agile adoption practices and the adoption of the latest technologies.
- Shall have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the Information Technology field focusing on development projects, DevSecOps and technical architecture specifically.
- Shall possess strong architecture & design experience, including at least three (3) years of experience deploying enterprise applications in cloud platforms, preferably in AWS.
- Shall have, at a minimum, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management or Engineering, or other comparable degree or experience in the DevSecOps domain.
- Shall possess expertise in large scale, high performance enterprise big data application deployment and solution architecture on complex heterogeneous environments in AWS.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.