SOC Analysts (Junior and Mid-Level) – Shift Work Washington DC
ALTA IT Services has multiple contract to hire openings for SOC Analysts to support a growing health insurance company in downtown Washington DC.
Candidates must be eligible for direct hire without sponsorship. Individuals selected for hire must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
- The SOC Analysts will perform security operations duties within the SOC after business hours.
- Work will be shift work and/or weekends. (M-F, Tu-Sat, Sun-Thu - day, night and swing shifts)
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant work experience.
- Proven experience with event monitoring and triage.
- Demonstrated analysis skills and full IR (Incident Response) life-cycle expertise such as detection, documentation, analysis and investigation of events.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be driven, reliable, resourceful, and collaborative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build consensus and agreement and bring resolution to contentious issues and entrenched interests.
- Demonstrated ability to fuse cyber intelligence into SOC processes.
- Must demonstrate understanding of industry standard security practices
- Excellent knowledge of various security tools, log analysis, SIEM platforms and content development.
- Security Certification such as SANS or other industry recognized certification such as CEH, GCIA, GCIH, etc.
- Experience with Python and/or PowerShell
- Experience with SOAR technology (Security Orchestration, Automation and Response) and workflows.
- Strong understanding of security principles such as attack frameworks, threat landscapes, attacker TTPs (Tactics, Techniques and Procedures) etc.
- Effective presentation, negotiation and influencing skills to interface with all levels of management and to facilitate large meetings across the organization.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are critical.
HOURLY RATE DURING CONTRACT PERIOD:
Junior Level (2 yrs exp.) - $25/hr. to 30/hr. W2
Mid-Level (4 yrs exp.) - $45/hr. to $50/hr. W2
Conversion salary includes a generous compensation, benefits and paid time off package
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via firstname.lastname@example.org
ALTA IT Services, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.