We have a unique opportunity for someone to contribute their talents and strengths as a Developer - Data ServicesA COMPANY TO BE PROUD OF
At Computershare we invite you to share our vision and commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our 12,000 people around the globe are entrepreneurial and innovative, serving 16,000 clients and customers with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver, every time.
Computershare (ASX: CPU) is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, mortgage servicing, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. We also specialize in corporate trust, bankruptcy, class action and utility administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.
Founded in 1978, Computershare is renowned for its expertise in high integrity data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments and stakeholder engagement. Many of the world's leading organizations use us to streamline and maximize the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors and customers.
Computershare is represented in all major financial markets and has over 12,000 employees worldwide.DIVERSITY IS A STRENGTH
Across our global team, we see diversity as a source of strength. The more perspectives we have, the better equipped we'll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We want every person who joins out team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected be applicable law. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no exceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promote and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential and the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone is included within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.OUR VALUES
Our key values - Certainty, Ingenuity and Advantage - drive everything we do: you can count on us to deliver with precision and reliability, every time. We look beyond today's problems to find tomorrow's solutions, focusing on finding new and better way to unlock your competitive edge and help you achieve your business goals.A ROLE YOU WILL LOVE
Under general supervision, develops, codes, test, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software customers. Requires good understanding of business application. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them. Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements from customers. May assist in development of software user manuals. Demonstrates software.Primary Accountabilities
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Responsible for programming, maintenance, technical support, documentation and administration of core applications, databases, and utilities. Support the complete software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, specifications, development, change management, testing and deployment activities in accordance with Best Practices and Code Standards.
- Work collaboratively with team members and business partners in defining, designing, developing and implementing technology solutions to improve business functions. Provides analysis and design support in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures which are cost effective and meet user requirements. Analyze applications and implement improvements to optimize performance.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of projects, which includes the design and execution of acceptance test plans to ensure a successful implementation. Perform thorough testing your own and other team members' developed code. Develop system documentation for all developed applications, including design and technical specifications.
- Display understanding of IT computing environment and daily operations and understands the impact of planned changes. Provide tiered production support including limited on-call and participate in design and technical meetings.
- Track and report development progress and performance on a regular basis.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
- The ability to function as a team player and lead team members in small projects
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic team environment and interact at all levels to ensure reliability, availability, scalability, and performance of applications
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, time management and project planning/strategizing skills
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail, excellent relationship management skills, and the ability to effectively facilitate and lead design and implementation of software systems with development teams
- Proficient in identifying project needs, estimating and prioritizing tasks, setting intermediate goals and milestones to accomplish the final outcome
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of professional, technical experience in a developer role
- Demonstrated experience with adhering to usability, design and development standards
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of unit testing, performance testing and user acceptance testing
- Strong understanding of software engineering and programming principals
- Understanding and experience of SQL and larger scale databases
- Solid understanding of SQL Server locking, indexing, error handling and basic administration tasks
- Understanding and experience of data warehouse principals
- Experience with developing SQL Server applications and optimizations including DDL, DML, stored procedures, views, triggers, ETL and performance tuning
- Experience with Microsoft development technologies such as SSRS, SSAS, SSIS and supporting concepts including OLAP, analytics, data mining and benchmarking
- Experience with designing, developing and deploying with SSIS
- Relational database experience within a multi-tiered environment; including normalization techniques and use of database performance and monitoring tools
- Experience with developing enterprise data warehouse solutions for a production environment
- SQL Server DBA experience
- Experience with varied source and version control systems
- In-depth experience with various SDLCs, Waterfall and Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Hybrid)
- Mortgage industry experience
It is expected that this position may include travel up to 10% of the time. This is subject to change based on many factors, including business needs.Language Ability
Ability to read/analyze/interpret business periodicals/ journals/technical procedures/gov. regulations; write reports/business correspondence/procedure manuals; effectively present information/respond to questions from managers/clients/customers/public.Mathematical Ability
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane, and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situationsWork Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REWARDS AS UNIQUE AS YOU
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- A choice medical insurance plans designed to meet your needs
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Life & Disability insurance
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid time off - You'll accrue 3 weeks your first year!
- Nine Holidays
- $1,000 Employee Referral Program
- Wellness programs
- Matching 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Banking and investments plans
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Employee discounts for wellness, auto & homeowners insurance, wireless service and more...
To learn more, visit us at www.computershare.com/mycareer.Your career is waiting.
Computershare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.