Our client, one of the largest Amazon Web Services (AWS) partner for data services, is looking for a Java Developer
to join their elite team of technologists to build and contribute to large-scale, innovative projects. Our client wants candidates who are eager to learn and grow with them as they work to move their market monitoring applications to modern big data platforms in the cloud where up to 60 billion market events are being processed each day.
If you are a fast learner, have a sharp mathematical and technical mind and are interested in working for one of the biggest data users in the country in a fast-paced, open source environment, our client has an immediate need for a Java Developer. THE PLATFORM
Our Client's Data Platform is responsible for the collection, management and dissemination of data. It's an enterprise capability that services multiple business lines across the entire organization. The platform collects and processes billions of records (up to 100 billion) each day in support of our client's regulatory mission to protect investors and promote market integrity. We are embarking upon a large, multi-year, enterprise-wide initiative to re-platform major pieces of our existing offering, replacing legacy functionality with a set of modern, highly customer-centric products and capabilities. THE ROLE
Mid-Level Java Developer
Are you passionate about technology? Do you love programming? Do you sometimes pat yourself on the back after writing a particularly elegant function? Do you expect the best from yourself and those around you? We are looking for you.
We are looking for passionate software developers who want to make a difference and are ready to take the next step in their careers by working on a large-scale, mission-critical application. If you are a self-starter who can grab hold of a challenge and find a way to solve it, then please join our high-performing team.
- Delivery-focused you care about meeting deliverables on.
- Quality-focused you care that software you wrote is tested and has high quality.
- Customer-focused you care about what the customer needs and ensure your work contributes to satisfying those needs. You question why we are building something and how it will make our customers' lives better.
- Design, develop, implement, test, deploy, and support Java-based software in the AWS Cloud
- Leverage Java best practices to design, test, implement, and support mission critical applications.
Experience & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience required.
- Hands on experience developing, implementing, and testing Java/J2EE projects
- Experience delivering software while working on teams that use Scrum/Agile methodology.
- Passionate about solving engineering problems
- Innovative and creative
Required Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Java Dev:
- REST APIs
- Unit testing with Junit
- Code Reviews
The following experience a plus:
- Elastic Search/Lucene
- AWS Cloud
ConsultNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, military or veteran status, and other characteristics protected under federal, state and local law.