A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Applications Programming - Practice Support team helps translate PwC's business requirements through efficient and effective Information Technology software applications. We design, develop, test, and implement sophisticated software applications in support of the firms needs and requirements.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to: - Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas. - Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results. - Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems. - Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area. - Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance. - Share relevant thought leadership. - Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others. - Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships. - Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience :
2 year(s) of progressive roles focused on information technology applications and its overall impact on business strategies and productivity.
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following technical development areas:
- Angular 2 (or higher) or similar SPA frameworks (VUE etc);
- Mobile Application Development (preferably with Ionic);
- Application Integrations using RESTful web services;
- NoSQL Databases including MongoDB, Cassandra, DocumentDB and related databases;
- Cloud-based platforms and services such as Google Cloud Platform, MS Azure, AWS;
- Continuous integration/continuous deployment such as Git, Jenkins, VSTS, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Gradle, Ant; and,
- Containers such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Openshift.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas of application development:
- Working with SQL Server or other comparable databases such as MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL;
- Working with HTML5 and CSS3;
- Using source control with Git and GitHub;
- Working within established Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative and waterfall to support the success of the larger IT organization;
- Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models; demonstrating a history of staying current in emerging technology trends;
- Displaying initiative and an ability to develop applications in a self-directed and self-disciplined manner with minimal direction;
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches in order to make recommendations to enhance business processes and/or create competitive advantage to PwC;
- Working collaboratively with other developers, including participating in code reviews;
- Communicating effectively both verbally and written with project team members; and,
- Using robust analytic thinking skills with the ability to identify, debug, and resolve technical issues.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.