If interested, please email your resume to Lacey at
You will be part of our Enterprise Risk Solutions team to help design, enhance and build our transactional Fraud detection engine in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You are a full stack developer enjoying building real-time transactional services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. You are curious about Machine Learning and how it can be applied to fraud detection. We believe in self-managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality.
Some of Your Key Responsibilities
Our engineers do more than just write code:
You'll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs.
You'll use technologies that include Java, REST, NoSQL, Docker and more
You'll venture into the world of Machine Learning and Deep Learning to build fraud models
You will work with Technical Product Management to understand business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution
You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages and operating systems
You'll leverage new technologies to build the next generation of Risk Services
You'll play key role to design and implement various components of our global transaction processing systems
You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
• You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related field and 4+ years of Software Development experience or a Masters with 2+ years of Software Development experience.
• You are a Java expert and you have experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
• You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating TDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar, JUnit, Mock frameworks.
• You have experience building enterprise class applications that use industry best practices for reliability, availability, scalability and operability.
• Experience in leading edge areas such as Machine Learning and Deep Learning, ML libraries/tools is a plus.
• Exposure to Big Data and analytics in general leveraging technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra.
• Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
• We count on your curiosity and creativity when working with your partners to create innovative solutions.
• You are a quick learner and have a strong work ethic to focus on our goals
• You have the passion to work with people and contribute to best practices that help the team to improve in efficiency and quality.
• A background in the fraud detection domain is a plus.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or