Las Vegas, Nevada
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world's most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race
The Data Services Developer is responsible for contributing to the development of data pipelines serving Enterprise Analytics teams in support of analytical applications. The position will partner with all teams within Enterprise Analytics and drive change and business benefits through data alignment across the MGM enterprise. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Develop sustainable data driven solutions with current and new gen data technologies to meet the needs of the analytic organization and business customers.
- Collaborate with others to build robust systems for the long-term maintenance and support of applications.
- Leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization.
- Apply cross team design and development practices.
- Develop data integration, ETL, and ELT pipelines in support of analytical needs.
- Develop scripts and programs to automate data loads.
- Work within modern architecture, frameworks, and enterprise data patterns (including security patterns).
- Understand and adhere to the Enterprise Metadata Architecture and Standards.
- Provide input on ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Participate in developing and ensuring compliance with architecture principles and standards for the various systems and components based on design patterns.
- Gather business requirements and translate them into effective technology solutions.
- Support and maintain production data integration processes.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience related to data management/data modeling.
- Prior experience with writing and tuning Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Experience with database technologies such as Teradata, Oracle, or MS SQL Server.
- Experience with data integration technologies such as DataStage, Informatica, or SSIS.
- Solid understanding of information and integration architecture and technologies.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Experience in marketing, customer data, hospitality, gaming or equivalent field.
- Prior exposure to data modeling tools such as ERwin/Power Designer.
- Expertise with cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS.
- Expertise in Data Integration patterns including virtualization tools such as Denodo.
- Some experience with big data technology such as Spark or Hadoop and/or data science languages such as R or Python.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
*This is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.