Responsible to a senior eLearning/Multimedia Manager for the Technical Management of eLearning Learning Management Systems, Audio/Visual, and Multimedia projects for both internal and external clients of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the tasking, tracking, and completion of all technical and helpdesk support for multiple Learning Management System (LMS) projects
- Provides training and advice to both technical staff and managers on the use of LMS
- Works with LMS product manufacturers, ASM's internal IT, and Security team to troubleshoot and manage LMS issues.
- Tasks and tracks progress made by Technical Staff in accordance with Agile and CMMI methodologies using JIRA and Bitbucket/GIT systems.
- Meets with clients to discuss and document the optimum use of LMS. Collates ideas for new LMS features and improvements for future development.
- Researches and reports the latest in Learning Management technologies and works with ASM technical staff and LMS product manufacturer to test and build new and improved features/plug-ins
- Ensures all LMS conform with Federal Government standards for both 508 and SCORM
- Builds, imports and tests SCORM conformant courses in the LMS
- Oversees video and audio production to meet internal and external training needs
- Prepares client-facing documentation and instructions on how to use the LMS. Delivers both train-the-trainer and client-facing training for users of the LMS
- Assists in writing proposals and delivering product demonstrations for prospective clients for eLearning and LMS projects
- Bachelor's degree in multimedia, instructional design, computer science or a discipline related to technology-based learning.
- 5+ years' experience in a Learning Management field, ideally with an emphasis on Learning Management Systems (Moodle or Totara preferred)
- Experience managing technical projects, particularly in the LMS arena
- Familiarity with 508 Compliance testing and SCORM developments a plus
- Experience with Audio/Visual production a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent people and management skills with a strong preference for working with colleagues in a team-based environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Creative and detail oriented with strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Must be able to apply knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support a client, project, or entity
- Must have a solid understanding of instructional design and the latest UI/UX technologies in the learning management arena
- Basic understanding of Open Source PHP technology, CSS, HTML5, and responsive web design
- Prepared to participate in all phases of Learning Management development with a focus on design, development, and implementation
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies.
- Experience with overseeing the development of xAPI and cmi5 solutions a plus
- Experience working with Open Source LMS solutions written in PHP a plus
- Experience working with government and military clients a plus