This position is responsible for the design, coding, unit and system testing, documentation, assisting in training and implementation of projects, applications, work flows, etc. which are assigned by the Manager.
This position has additional responsibilities when he/she is given a team leader project assignment, which are but not limited to: the assignment of tasks to members of the project team, reporting overall project progress, calling and chairing project review meetings of all phases of the project life cycle with IT and client management and receiving sign-off upon completion of each project phase.
This position is responsible for maintaining a very high level of technical expertise on all operating systems, software and hardware platforms.
* Minimum of 5 years technical experience in the design, development and deployment of complex business applications.
* Proficiency in software design and system testing.
* Works well in a team environment.
* Well defined communication skills and a demonstrated aptitude for communicating with both the technical staff and end-users to understand application requirements and design.
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Experience/familiarity with the following software environments:
* SQL skills, preferably PL/SQL
* Oracle / MSS DB preferred
* Java / J2EE preferred
* OO design
* UML and modeling tools
* Web Services
* Design Patterns and Frameworks
* Shell Scripting
Nice to have:
* C# / .NET
* Power Center / Informatica
Complementary Skills that are highly regarded:
* Good understanding of project methodologies.
* Retail experience in a Publicly-held company.
*** Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. ***