CGI seeks a Development/Engineering Intern – Campus Recruiting. Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college pursuing bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e.: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
What you’ll need:
• A great attitude and desire for learning
• Excellent problem solving, written and oral communication skills
• Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Ability to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time
Are you interested in spending your summer gaining valuable real-world hands-on technical and business consulting experience? Are you eager to explore an exciting career in the field of Information Technology? If so, joining CGI’s Internship Program as a Development/Engineering Intern could be a great opportunity for you.
As an Intern at CGI, you will join one of our many teams and be given the opportunity to make a direct impact on a broad range of projects and help to co-create and deliver successful solutions to our clients in a collaborative team setting. Here, you can explore your full potential – not confined by borders or pre-defined paths. You’re empowered to solve problems and brainstorm ideas in your own unique way.
Your future duties and responsibilities
What you’ll do (assignments may include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas):
• Create systems design utilizing client requirements
• Applications development and computer programming
• Database maintenance and configuration management
• Software installs, technical testing and reporting
What you’ll gain:
• Involvement in a team oriented atmosphere
• Involvement in the technical components of a client project
• Exposure to business issues and challenges
• Opportunity to leverage your computer knowledge and analytical skills
We understand that success in the IT services business is contingent on retaining and attracting the best talent - talent like you. At CGI, our team of professionals is dedicated and driven to help our clients succeed.
At our Lafayette Center, we are looking for experienced professionals and graduating students interested in IT careers, focusing on those with demonstrated experience in IT and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills.
While most companies have a vision and mission, CGI goes a step beyond. We have a company dream: "To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of." This dream emphasizes the enjoyment and ownership principles that are essential to CGI's success.
In fact, we strive to create an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered and engaged as owners to build their company and grow their careers. This dream as well as our values are what set us apart -