A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Development Lead will be responsible for design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new interfaces and web applications, as well as providing support for existing systems. Developer should be able to work independently and within a team of developers to deliver end-to-end solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast-paced environment. Communicate directly with customers, actuaries, other programmers throughout the organization, and outside system vendors.
Learn Annuity business managed by the NYL Investments Group, in addition to the technical aspects of administering annuity products. Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain the software framework and services using the .NET framework and Microsoft technologies
- Interact with business analyst/Client(s) to understand business problem(s) being addressed by the project.
- Review project requirements and assess and estimate the necessary time-to-completion.
- Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development.
- Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed.
- Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent approach to software development.
- Closely follow software development best practices.
- Communicate professionally and effectively to clients, management, and other departments.
- Deploy all integration artifacts to a testing and production environment.
- Demonstrate ability to partner and collaborate across organizations to optimize outcomes.
Skill Sets, and Experience desired for this position:
- Strong knowledge of annuity products including Variable, Fixed and Income annuity products.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 6 + years' experience in .Net programming.
- 2 + years' experience as Actuarial Programmer.
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, actuarial science, statistics or a related discipline
- VB.Net, ASP.Net, Excel calculations, C#,
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2008, 2012
- Strong analytic problem-solving, critical-thinking skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Available for some travel.
- 10+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry.
- Experience with Business Object, Oracle
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.