VariQ is in search of a Development Manager
to lead a team creating and improving an integrated hardware/software solution for managing traffic through checkpoints. Additional Information:
- Location: Ashburn, VA with some travel outside of the Washington, DC area
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: An existing Public Trust or other agency clearance (e.g. DoD)
- Availability: upon award, currently in the proposal stage
- Lead a team that designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and imple1nents hardware/software integrations.
- Integrates leading edge technologies like machine vision to automate processing
- Ensures that problems with production systems are resolved.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Evaluates effectiveness.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility across multiple platforms.
- Consults with end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility and cost/benefit analysis on potential future activities.
- Leads the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of others on the development team.
- Participates in development of software user manuals and technical reports.
Education and Certifications:
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with hardware/software integration
- Knowledge of industry/government best practices
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to pass a CBP Full Background Investigation
- Relevant Agile certifications
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- An existing Public Trust or other agency clearance (e.g. DoD)
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.