Our client provides industry-leading employee identity protection and advanced threat intelligence that enables its clients to combat an ever-changing cyber threat landscape. Located in Scottsdale, Arizona, they are passionate about their culture and offer team members rewarding opportunities in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
Our client is seeking a results-oriented Development Manager for Engineering who demonstrates excellent problem solving and communication skills.
This candidate must be a self-starter, a strong team player with at least eight years in increasingly challenging assignments, and fill the role of technical lead/architect. Background should include design and development experience in high-volume, highly scalable, and high-availability environments. The technical Dev Manager will also play the role of a Scrum Master for the team.
- Work with a small team of engineers to ensure product delivery and best engineering practices
- Regularly assess the team's maturity, health, and composition, relentlessly strive for cohesion and delivery excellence
- Manage, plan, and track production and development schedules and workflows while raising risks, managing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers
- Continuously assess a team's current situation and adapt planning tools, Agile methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable delivery
- Create transparency and predictability via roadmaps, cycle times, value stream maps, and release reports
- Customize and adapt to engineering best practices tools and applications like JIRA, Confluence, Eclipse etc.
- Help Support team in resolving the customer issues related to the product
- Develop quantitative benchmarks to assess performance of team and individual contribution
- Lead the creation of technical design documents and lead the communication of the architectural vision across functional areas
- Review code, lead refactoring activities, provide guidance from technical perspective for all SE members of a project
- Define and maintain coding standards, and guide team members to comply with them
- Train and mentor new team members
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, equivalent experience will be considered
- 8 years of Java development experience
- Experience as a development manager
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, motivational, and facilitation skills
Professional traits necessary for success:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Holds relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Demonstrates the ability to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Shows passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Bias towards delivering results