Please note I have direct access to the Hiring VP of Engineering
The leading Global Biotech Company in its niche is looking for a Development Manager. The company has been in business for 50+ years, is publicly traded, has 7+K employees, has $5.2B in revenues (14% increase over FY 2017), $108 million in profits (42% increase over FY 2017), has 750 product patents, released 4 new products in 2017 and is an active philanthropic institution.
The Development Manager will be responsible for leading a mission critical development team. More Specifically, the Development Manager will:
- Be responsible for reviewing the current architecture and development environment, providing the technical guidance regarding the architecture design and the development of new enterprise level mission critical systems by implementing the latest bleeding edge technologies available.
- Design and document a 3-5-year development roadmap
- Interact with Product Managers, Research Leads, Quality Assurance Managers and Operations in order to build out and release new and enhancements of existing systems and applications.
- Ensure team is following an established development process (Scrum, Agile and CI/CD) throughout the development lifecycle Help craft, implement, set and enforce development standards, processes, and best practices in order to train, develop, and mentor members of the Development team to become more skilled and efficient developers
The Development Manager reports to the VP of Engineering
Company offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees; vacation and paid company holidays; 6% matching 401K; 6% pension contribution, flexible spending plans, tuition reimbursement and a casual work environment.
- Must have 5-7++ years’ experience as a Development Manager
- Demonstrated understanding of Agile Software Development Lifecycle models including Scrum, XP, etc.
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science, Biology, Science or related degree is a plus