As a member of this team your responsibilities will include monitoring our platforms' availability, performance, and deep triaging of incidents. You will also lead initiatives, evangelizing site reliability best practices that will improve our availability while ensuring optimum delivery.
Contribute to Schwab's journey to mature our Continuous Delivery processes by establishing automated processes, streamlining build and deploy methodology, and improving our software development practices. What you are good at
Previous experience administering mission critical application environments that require 100% uptime is preferred, as is a working knowledge of web based application development. Strong customer advocacy and continuous process improvement focus is a must. Demonstrated ability to resolve business and service impacting problems, evaluating all alternatives and consulting with other technical members of the organization is required. What you have
The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of experience in a site reliability and/or devops team. This position requires a high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with peers and business partners. Must demonstrate strong problem solving skills and the willingness to learn new technologies.
Why work for us?
- Work with Build/Run teams to review current practices and make recommendations on adopting Continuous Delivery best practices.
- The individual will be expected to assist Build/Run teams in establishing or enhancing their build, deploy, configuration management, and release engineering related activities.
- Assist in analyzing application configuration management issues in production and test (non-production) environments.
- Develop and maintain configuration and release scripts. Provide release planning services and installation script development for new applications where necessary.
- Develop automated build jobs using continuous integration platforms such as Bamboo.
- Develop/improve automated deployment jobs using common scripting languages.
- Develop/improve and deploy source code branching methodologies and associated automation.
- Develop/improve release process improvements and update release standards documentation.
- Peer review change tickets to ensure accuracy of application change activities and mitigate risk.
- Complete assigned tasks by working with individuals and teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Actively participating in mentoring junior team members.
- Work with Team Leads across the organization to design and implement process improvement in our Build and Deploy space.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows 2008/2012/2016 operating systems, IIS, SQL
- Knowledge of Windows infrastructure, Active Directory, PowerShell and Server administration.
- Experience working with Cloud computing solutions, preferably Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Experience using Agile methodologies and Atlassian tools.
- Experience using application and synthetic monitoring tools, such as Splunk, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team. Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
- Schwab experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.