We are seeking DevOps Engineer for our team at Enquizit. As a consulting practice, Enquizit values and requires a varied set of skills and expertise from its team members. Every individual journey is obviously distinct and has lessons and values unique to itself, there however are some core skills we expect all of our team members to possess.
Our ideal team member is
- An innovative and out of box thinker
- Capable of learning and adapting to new environments quickly
- Creatively solves complex business requirements.
- Able to resolve challenges that span multiple systems and environments
- Have a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
Core responsibilities for this position
- Setting up AWS basic services. VPCs, VPNs, static routing etc
- Securing workloads through defense in depth
- Writing or modifying Cloudformation templates
- Performance and Availability Monitoring
- Bash scripting
- Powershell basics would be a plus
- Python a big plus
- Scheduling cron jobs
- Setting up, troubleshooting and optimizing Linux (Primarily Redhat and Ubuntu) systems
- Running Apache, nginx, Tomcat, MySQL and popular COTS software
- Planning resilience and failover
- Upgrade and migrate instances from on-premises to cloud systems
- Automating build whenever possible
- Set up SSL/TLS
- Setting up firewalls and Network ACLs at a host as well as a subnet level
- Setting up Configuration management systems
- Debug and trace applications in Dev as well as Production environments
- Setting up CI/CD Pipelines, preferably with Jenkins
- Familiarity with Docker a plus
- Familiarity with Terraform and Packer a plus
- Familiarity with AWS Lambda or another Server less architecture a plus
- Documenting configurations and enhancements
Desired Skills and Experience
- AWS industry certifications – Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer and or SysOps Administrator
- Solid understanding of Networking Concepts – IPv4, TCP/UDP, DNS, DHCP,HTTP, SSL/TLS etc
- 5+ years of experience in Linux system administration in complex data center environment
- Coding experience with one of Java / Python / Ruby / .Net
- Proficiency in at least two major scripting languages (Shell, Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby)
- Strong experience with Apache and Ngnix
- Experience with HTTP RESTful APIs, JSON and XML
- Comfortable with source and version control systems like SVN and Git
- Experience building and modifying continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) environments using tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Infrastructure as code experience with tooling such as BOTO, CHEF, Salt, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with data security requirements aligned with any of FISMA, NIST and FedRAMP Compliance sets
- Technical knowledge of storage protocols including CIFS, NFS or iSCSI.
- Strong technical understanding of storage platforms to design and implement disaster recovery solutions, data recovery solutions, data protection and backup solutions
- Passion and experience collaborating with development teams and minimizing pain points
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- BS or MS in Computer / Information Systems or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary and bonus
- 100% Medical for employee with employer HSA
- Low cost 401K plan with 3% employer match
- Relocation package
- Career Growth
- Training and Certification opportunities
- Tech Conferences
For more details about Enquizit and our partnership with AWS visit We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply to the position, send a copy of your resume and covering letter.
Ravi Sundar | Senior Recruiting Manager
Enquizit, Inc | www.enquizit.com