Amtex Systems Inc is an information technology and talent solutions company offering talent and BI consulting to the companies in US for over 20 years.
Our solutions are designed to fill resource gaps, by providing the right candidates who deliver value to the organization. Our propensity to nurture and build strong relationships with our clients helps us better understand their business demands and gives us the ability to provide services that are on time and rise above the rest.
Devops Engineer with PCF exp
Austin, TX - Initial Remote and onsite post covid restrictions
- Previous experience administering mission critical application environments that require 100% uptime is preferred, as is a working knowledge of web based application development. Strong customer advocacy and continuous process improvement focus is a must. Demonstrated ability to resolve business and service impacting problems, evaluating all alternatives and consulting with other technical members of the organization is required.
What you'll have
- The ideal candidate will have 6 to 8 years of experience in a site reliability and/or devops team. This position requires a high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with peers and business partners. Must demonstrate strong problem solving skills and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Work with Build/Run teams to review current practices and make recommendations on adopting Continuous Delivery best practices.
- The individual will be expected to assist Build/Run teams in establishing or enhancing their build, deploy, configuration management, and release engineering related activities.
- Assist in analyzing application configuration management issues in production and test (non-production) environments.
- Develop and maintain configuration and release scripts. Provide release planning services and installation script development for new applications where necessary.
- Develop automated build jobs using continuous integration platforms such as Bamboo.
- Develop/improve automated deployment jobs using common scripting languages.
- Develop/improve and deploy source code branching methodologies and associated automation.
- Develop/improve release process improvements and update release standards documentation.
- Peer review change tickets to ensure accuracy of application change activities and mitigate risk.
- Complete assigned tasks by working with individuals and teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Actively participating in mentoring junior team members.
- Work with Team Leads across the organization to design and implement process improvement in our Build and Deploy space.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows 2008/2012/2016 operating systems, IIS, SQL
- Knowledge of Windows infrastructure, Active Directory, PowerShell and Server administration.
- Experience working with Cloud computing solutions, preferably Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Experience using Agile methodologies and Atlassian tools.
- Experience using application and synthetic monitoring tools, such as Splunk, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team. Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.