• The EFI Diags group is looking for an engineer to provide immediate on-site support for factory diagnostic software.
• The qualified person will work hands-on with hundreds of prototypes to support remote testing and diags development for new products across a popular consumer product line.
• You will be the frontline interface for our team to other organizations cross functional groups, primary the factory and electrical engineers
• You will be the first level triage that comes out of the factory, you will triage the issues if there are bugs or route to the appropriate people
• You must have a good cross functional background and good understanding of hardware architecture, you don’t have do be a designer but know ITC buses, SDI buses and PCI, etc.
• You will do debug work, track down what is not working, is the file broken or a bug in the software, basic debug work,
• If we get an issue, you are looking at it, looking at logs, trying to isolate what the problem is.
• Any hands on experience on hardware in a test capacity, out team test diagnostics, we are setting up hardware to run a test, setting up hardware to support remote workers and the factory. Experience working with hardware, setting things up, if you have this test background this is helpful.
• Debugging is a focus, C programming skills used, we don’t use C++,
• We have some legacy code in LUA but we are migrating to Python. Any Python experience is a plus.
• May need to come onsite to Cupertino for product builds.
• MacOS is a plus but not required.
• We want a broad background, if you are a generalist this will work, understanding how the CPU interacts with the peripherals around it, in a hardware perspective. Some of the debug we will poke those peripherals to find details about them.
• Develop and support key diags features specific to the program
• Triage and fix issues found in the factory
• Assist with SW validation and results from the factory teams
• Ensure that factory teams are providing clear and relevant data to other engineers
• Support remote developers with debug requests.
• Experience developing and testing embedded systems is a big plus.
• Familiarity with C. Any LUA or Python programming languages is a plus
• Strong organizational and communication skills
Location: Work from Home (may work hybrid onsite schedule in June – Cupertino)
Duration: 6+ months
Submit resume to
OSI Engineering is a leading talent acquisition and services company, building powerful IT and Engineering development teams to meet speed-to-market demands across the US. We develop, implement and manage workforce solutions through every stage of the product lifecycle, from early application development through final production, delivering the highest-level technology professionals. Our capabilities include technical staff augmentation, managed service programs and resource planning solutions.
With over 20 years of experience, OSI’s technical expertise spans the software stack from the firmware layer up to the user interface. We deliver dynamic and diverse teams for IT Services, Networking Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Services, Big Data, Mobile Hardware and Applications, Internet of Things (IoT), Connected Car, Enterprise Information Security and Data Science. Our quality-focused approach to talent acquisition and services helps our clients successfully launch their concepts and products that change the world.